Director of Music Ministries – Year Round, Part-time
John Wesley United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time, year round Director of Music Ministries to continue an existing strong music ministry that is spiritually grounded, dynamic and inspiring. Desired music selections will include sacred, classical, traditional, contemporary, and other genres. Responsibilities and qualifications follow:
- Provide music leadership for two Sunday services (8:30 Chapel & 10:30 Sanctuary).
- Direct Adult Chancel Choir:
- Wednesday rehearsal 7:00-8:30 pm
- Sunday rehearsal at 9:30 am. Present at 10:30 am service.
- Direct Bell Choir:
- Wednesday rehearsal 5:30-6:45 pm
- Present at one service per month.
- Direct Children’s Music Program:
- Wednesday rehearsal 4:30-5:15 pm
- Present at one service per month.
- All choirs rehearse and present September through June.
- Work with the pastor and/or Worship Ministry Team to select music, keeping in mind the liturgical calendar and special services. Serve on the Worship Ministry Team and attend one meeting per month.
- Recruit participants for all choirs.
- Secure special music when choir is not scheduled (July and August and other Sundays throughout the year).
- Provide all necessary music information for the worship bulletin to the Church Administrator.
- Prepare appropriate music for all services including holidays and special occasions.
- Study new trends in church music both for personal growth and as a means of trying to keep the church’s music up-to-date and fresh.
- Manage music budget.
- Take responsibility for maintenance of all church owned instruments.
- Possess a strong Christian faith
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Music, with study in choral conducting.
- Have the ability to effectively lead/direct a vocal and bell choir and musicians of all ages.
- Have a strong knowledge of sacred music literature and traditions.
- Work collaboratively with the pianist/organist, the Pastor and the Worship Ministry Team.
- Have proficient musical skills to perform, lead, direct, and teach singers and instrumentalists in many forms and styles of music so as to meet the needs of different worship services and different worshiping styles.
- Ability to recruit singers/musicians from within the church and from the community to adequately and properly staff all choirs and instrumental ensembles as needed.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Search Committee Chair: Tom Hoke at TomHoke@att.net.
Nursery Attendant – Year Round, Part-time
This is a year round, part time position with responsibilities for overseeing the safety and well-being of infants and pre-school children (ranging in age from 3 months to 5 years) during playtime while parents attend worship services at John Wesley United Methodist Church (JWUMC) in a manner that enhances the spirit of worship and assists the congregation in praising and serving God. Responsibilities and qualifications follow:
- Cleaning and disinfecting tables and toys at the start and conclusion of each playtime.
- Maintaining sign-in and sign-out sheet
- Distribute and collect pagers during sign-in and sign-out
- Maintaining registration forms for all children
- Welcoming parents/caregivers and communicating with them regarding children’s needs and activities
- Responsible for toileting and diapering as needed
- Providing written documentation to the Director of Children and Youth Ministries regarding any incidents that have occurred
- Giving undivided attention to the children in your care (no visitors or cellphone use allowed)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Children and Youth Ministries
- The Nursery Attendant will possess a strong Christian faith, and will reflect the ethics, values and standards of Jesus Christ.
- The Nursery Attendant understands he/she represents the JWUMC ministry in both work life and private life, and will be sensitive to how others may see him/her in daily life.
- The Nursery Attendant will adhere to the policies and procedures of JWUMC, including, but not limited to the responsibilities of this position.
- The Nursery Attendant will be subject to the Criminal Offence Record Investigation (CORI).
HOURS & PAY:
- Every Sunday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm (including Easter, Christmas and other times as requested and agreed upon)
- Pay is $15/hour
To apply, please email the Church Office for an application or submit your resume to JWUMCfalmouth@comcast.net. For questions, please call 508-548-3050.