Nursery Attendant – Year Round, Part-time
This is a year round, part time position with responsibilities for overseeing the safety and well-being of infants and pre-school children (ranging in age from 3 months to 5 years) during playtime while parents attend worship services at John Wesley United Methodist Church (JWUMC) in a manner that enhances the spirit of worship and assists the congregation in praising and serving God. Responsibilities and qualifications follow:
- Cleaning and disinfecting tables and toys at the start and conclusion of each playtime.
- Maintaining sign-in and sign-out sheet
- Distribute and collect pagers during sign-in and sign-out
- Maintaining registration forms for all children
- Welcoming parents/caregivers and communicating with them regarding children’s needs and activities
- Responsible for toileting and diapering as needed
- Providing written documentation to the Director of Children and Youth Ministries regarding any incidents that have occurred
- Giving undivided attention to the children in your care (no visitors or cellphone use allowed)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Children and Youth Ministries
- The Nursery Attendant will possess a strong Christian faith, and will reflect the ethics, values and standards of Jesus Christ.
- The Nursery Attendant understands he/she represents the JWUMC ministry in both work life and private life, and will be sensitive to how others may see him/her in daily life.
- The Nursery Attendant will adhere to the policies and procedures of JWUMC, including, but not limited to the responsibilities of this position.
- The Nursery Attendant will be subject to the Criminal Offence Record Investigation (CORI).
HOURS & PAY:
- Every Sunday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm (including Easter, Christmas and other times as requested and agreed upon)
- Pay is $15/hour
To apply, please email the Church Office for an application or submit your resume to JWUMCfalmouth@comcast.net. For questions, please call 508-548-3050.