Nursery Attendant – Year Round, Part-Time
This is a year round, part-time position with responsibilities for overseeing the safety and well-being of infants and pre-school children (ranging in age from 3 months to 5 years) during playtime while parents attend worship services at John Wesley United Methodist Church (JWUMC) in a manner that enhances the
spirit of worship and assists the congregation in praising and serving God. The Nursery Attendant will work Sundays from 8:00 until 12:00 pm., including Easter Sunday, Christmas Eve and other times as requested and agreed upon.
- Faith-filled, joyful spirit, kind, calm, reassuring and loving. Dependable; sensitive to the needs of others; patient with the different temperaments of children.
- Understand the developmental characteristics of children; adjusts plans flexibly to meet the needs of
children; listens well.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with respect to age/ability of each child; follows guidelines creatively; respects and responds to the needs and concerns of parents and caregivers; follows safe sanctuary guidelines.
- Cleaning and disinfecting tables and toys at the start and conclusion of each playtime.
- Maintaining sign-in and sign-out sheets
- Maintaining registration forms for all children
- Welcoming parents/caregivers and communicating with them regarding children’s needs and activities
- Responsible for toileting and diapering as needed
- Providing written documentation to the Director of Children and Youth Ministries regarding any incidents that have occurred
- Giving undivided attention to the children in your care (no visitors or cellphone use allowed)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Children and Youth Ministries
To apply for the Nursery Attendant position, please email the Church Office for an application or submit your resume to JWUMCfalmouth@comcast.net. For questions, please call the church office at 508-548-3050.