Nursery Attendant – Year Round, Part-Time
This is a year round, part-time position with responsibilities for overseeing the safety and well-being of infants and pre-school children (ranging in age from 3 months to 5 years) during playtime while parents attend worship services at John Wesley United Methodist Church (JWUMC) in a manner that enhances the spirit of worship and assists the congregation in praising and serving God. The Nursery Attendant will work Sundays from 8:00 until 12:00 pm., including Easter Sunday, Christmas Eve and other times as requested and agreed upon.
REQUIREMENTS OF NURSERY ATTENDANT
- Faith-filled, joyful spirit, kind, calm, reassuring and loving. Dependable; sensitive to the needs of others; patient with the different temperaments of children.
- Understand the developmental characteristics of children; adjusts plans flexibly to meet the needs of children; listens well. Ability to communicate appropriately with respect to age/ability of each child; follows guidelines creatively; respects and responds to the needs and concerns of parents and caregivers; follows safe sanctuary guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF NURSERY ATTENDANT
- Cleaning and disinfecting tables and toys at the start and conclusion of each playtime.
- Maintaining sign-in and sign-out sheets
- Maintaining registration forms for all children
- Welcoming parents/caregivers and communicating with them regarding children’s needs and activities
- Responsible for toileting and diapering as needed
- Providing written documentation to the Director of Children and Youth Ministries regarding any incidents that have occurred
- Giving undivided attention to the children in your care (no visitors or cellphone use allowed)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Children and Youth Ministries
To apply for the Nursery Attendant position, please submit a resume to the Church Office at JWUMCfalmouth@comcast.net