What better Sanctuary to worship in than God’s Sanctuary! During the summer, we hold a beach service that is casual and non-denominational. Bring a chair, a floppy hat and a friend for a message from Pastor Rebecca and a few praise and worship songs. The service takes place at Surf Drive, beginning Sunday, July 5th through Sunday, September 6th. Service starts at 7:30 am and lasts until 8:00 am. Everyone is welcome!
Due to COVID-19, we will have to following socially-distancing guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Bring your own chairs that will work comfortably on the sand
- There will be driveway sticks in the sand identifying where you should sit
- Wear face masks when entering and exiting the service. When you get to your sitting place, you may remove them, since you will be properly socially distant from one another.
- As you enter the worship space, please maintain a six foot distance from the person in front of you. This will mean that getting to your seats and exiting from the service will be a longer process, as we wait for each other. You may want to arrive early to help us be able to begin on time.
- Ushers will be at each service to help direct traffic and to give you a bulletin. They will wear gloves and masks.
- If you are planning to bring your chair and sit at the service, please consider leaving a few parking spaces near the front so that those who want to remain in their cars can also see what is happening.
- If you plan to stay in your car, please park as close as you can, and turn your radio to FM channel 92.5. We’ll try to leave spaces available for you, but there’s no guarantee.
- Please wear masks and practice social distancing as you wait to get onto the beach. Cones will be placed at appropriate spots to help you. Tom Hoke will be there explaining the process and an usher wearing mask and gloves will hand you a bulletin and answer any questions.
- There will be a center walkway which will be marked, for you to get to the seating area. Several rows of stakes will be placed at 10 foot intervals in the area. People will be asked to place their chairs next to one of the stakes. Couples will place their chairs on either side of the stakes. Families can spread their chairs between two stakes.
- We will ask everyone to fill in the area closest to the parking lot first before expanding beyond the beach house. This will help us set the sound system so everyone can hear. There will be an usher inside the beach area to help guide people in finding spots.
- It is recommended that you come a little early to give everyone adequate time to get seated prior to the service.
- At the end of the service, ushers will dismiss people by rows starting with those closest to the center walkway. Masks must be put back on when exiting. People will be asked to move directly to their cars, and not stop to chat with the pastor or other parishioners.
- In case of inclement weather, the beach service will be cancelled and notice given on the website. The service will not be moved indoors to the chapel.
We also offer at 9:30 am Backyard Worship Service behind our church in our backyard every Sunday from July 5th through Sunday, September 6th. The service will be similar to the 7:30 am Beach Service and will include Communion on the first Sunday of the Month. This service will be live-streamed on our website and on 92.5 FM.