Christmas is one of the most special times of the year. It is when we celebrate that God so loved us that he came to earth as a human to show us how to live a full and meaningful life. This year we need more than ever for Jesus to be the Light of the World. That’s why we invite you to join us this Christmas season, so that you might know the hope, peace, joy and love Jesus brings.
Saturday, December 24 – Christmas Eve Services
4:00pm Outdoor Christmas Eve Celebration – UPDATED 12:00pm
Due to cool temperatures and high winds, our 4:00 Outdoor Christmas Eve Service has been slightly updated:
- We have checked with the shepherd and the animals are good to be outside so they will be located next to the Sanctuary!
- We will still have s’mores outdoors near where the animals will be.
- The actors in the Live Nativity will be in the Narthex.
- Hot Chocolate will be available in the Narthex.
- The carols and Scripture readings will take place in the Fellowship Hall.
- Around 4:25, we will gather in the Sanctuary for a candlelight version of Silent Night.
7:00pm Indoor Christmas Eve Service
At 7:00pm we will have a more traditional service in our Sanctuary with hymns, Scripture readings, and more. Towards the end of the service, a version of Silent Night with candlelight will be sung. This service will be in-person or livestreamed on Facebook, Youtube, and johnwesleyumc.org.
December 25th Christmas Day Service at 9:30am
On Christmas morning at 9:30am we will hold a casual service in our chapel. Communion will be served.